Kurt Johnson Auto Sales is Here for All Your Automotive Service Needs in DuBois, PA
Maintaining your vehicle is essential if you want to get the most out of it. By checking up on all your vehicle’s various parts and systems and providing the care your ride needs to perform at its best, You help your car last longer and improve its overall automotive health, allowing you to enjoy a smoother, safer ride with a reduced risk of needing pricey repairs further down the line.
Improve Your Vehicle’s Performance and Lifespan with Regular Service
So, which routine service items will help improve your car’s performance and longevity near Punxsutawney? Every item on your vehicle’s maintenance schedule plays a crucial part in your ride’s well-being. Here’s an overview of some of the most common services:
Plenty of fresh, clean oil is what helps your car’s engine perform more efficiently. We recommend getting an oil change every 5,000 to 7,500 miles, depending on the type of vehicle you drive and the conditions in which you drive it. Your owner’s manual can provide specifics.
- Keeps fast-moving engine parts lubricated, reducing friction and keeping your engine from wearing down prematurely
- Keeps engine components cool and helps your engine avoid overheating
- Clears out harmful dirt particles and sludge that can damage your engine or dampen performance
- Improves the lifespan of your engine
Rotating your tires is the process of changing the position of your tires (such as moving the rear tires to the front and the front tires to the rear) in order to promote even tire tread wear. We suggest scheduling a tire rotation whenever your vehicle is due for an oil change.
- Helps tires wear evenly
- Improves handling
- Improves longevity your tires
Your car’s ability to go is really only as good as its stopping power. That’s why regular brake service is needed to make sure that your vehicle’s brakes perform the way you expect them to, especially in an emergency. Signs you might need brake service include:
- Squealing, grinding, or metallic growling noises when you lay on the brakes
- Spongy brake pedal
- Vibrating brake pedal
- Car pulling to one side when you brake
Your car’s battery is the beating heart of your vehicle. Without it, your car is little more than a particularly pricey decoration for your driveway in Clearfield, PA. Luckily, we can perform battery tests and inspections to make sure your car battery is in good shape. If it’s not, we can install a new one for you.
Factors like extreme heat or cold can do a number on your car battery, so be sure to come see us at our service center near Brookfield, PA if you’re having trouble.
Your vehicle has numerous filters to help remove impurities from your car’s various systems, keeping things clean and improving performance.
- Engine air filter: This helps to remove harmful particles from the air entering the engine, improving fuel efficiency. This air filter should be replaced every 15,000 to 30,000 miles or so.
- Oil filter: This helps to keep metal particles and other contaminants out of your engine’s oil to help save your engine from damage and improve its efficiency. We recommend changing this filter atleast once a year.
- Fuel filter: Changing your fuel filter regularly helps to prevent buildup that could hinder fuel on its way to the engine. This helps to improve fuel economy. We suggest changing your fuel filter at least once every two years.
Your vehicle is a complex collection of moving parts and systems that depend on an assortment of fluids to keep things running smoothly. Keeping these fluids topped off and replacing them when necessary is key if you want to make sure that your vehicle has what it needs to perform at its best. You can always count on us to take care of these fluids for you at our service center near St. Marys, PA.
Some of your vehicle’s most essential fluids include:
- Oil: Keeps the engine lubricated. Change every 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
- Coolant: Helps to prevent your engine from overheating. Check every 50,000 miles or so. If you frequently have to top this fluid off, there could be a leak.
- Brake fluid: Hydraulic brake systems need plenty of fluid in order to work properly, so keeping an eye on brake fluid levels is a crucial safety measure. If your brake fluid is cloudy, it should be changed. If you find yourself having to top it off often, we highly recommend bringing your car in for service.
- Power steering fluid: Necessary for your power steering system to work smoothly. If you find that your car is hard to steer, it could indicate low fluid levels. Top off this fluid as needed and be wary of leaks.
- Transmission fluid: Helps keep your transmission cool. This fluid should appear smooth and clear. Cloudiness, darkness, and grittiness indicate an issue that needs to be addressed before you start having driving problems like rough shifting.
Maintain and Repair Exhaust and Air Conditioning Systems
Here at our service center, can take care of custom exhaust work as well as exhaust repairs to keep your vehicle running smoothly. We can also maintain and recharge air conditioning units to help you stay cool.
Why does your car’s A/C system need maintenance? There’s a bit more to it than simply keeping you comfortable on a hot day. If your A/C system has a refrigerant leak, it can damage the compressor and evaporator. That’s why it’s important to keep an eye on your A/C system and bring it in for service as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
If you notice that your A/C system isn’t cooling well or at all, it’s time for service. Leaks and a failing A/C clutch also indicate problems that our expert team of technicians can fix for you.
Schedule Service Near Punxsutawney & Clearfield, PA Today!
Here at Kurt Johnson Auto Sales + Service in DuBois, PA, we can help with a wide variety of maintenance and repair items, so we encourage you to schedule an appointment if your vehicle is due for a checkup or in need of professional repairs. Schedule service online or give us a call today! (814) 375-7030.